Saturday, January 10, 2009

UPDATE ON BABY MORRIS NUMBER 3

I know it has been a while but between taking care of Matthew and Emilee and being exhausted , it has been a long month . We went to the doctors on friday and they did an ultrasound , it was really an overwhelming humbling experience . It is always a scary moment for me that first ultrasound , is there just one ( please lord let there only be one ) and is there a heart beat ( That has always and will always be my biggest fear ) Well there was only one baby and one sac and there was a heart beat . However they have changed my due date from Aug 10th to Aug 24th ugh...... All summer super pregnant , with emis 3rd bday in may and matthews 2nd bday in aug ( aug 5th ) I get frustrated when the doctors go by what the ultrasound machine measures me vs the calander . calander wise im almost 10weeks preg but with the machine im measuring at 7 .5 weeks so frustrating . Why do doctors rely on machines i mean what did they do in the olden days , pregnancy is such a natural process and i think sometimes doctors get to excited . Don't get me wrong i am grateful for them adn all they do . They have saved my life in many occasions and have saved my sons life . ( he had rsv and some other issues ) I guess i just know my body and my past babies and delievers ( I always have small babies and they always come early ) SOrry about my rant and rave but it is just frustrating .

Thanks for listening . Hope everyone has a merry christams and hope 2009 is good for everyone

6 comments:

Inger-Lis said...

Not to totally knock doctors, but the medical society really likes to quantify things. They are much more comfortable with numbers and exact dates, than with feelings, and intuition.
But congrats on only one bun in the oven! I had that moment too when I had my first ultrasound;)

Prouses said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you!! Happy new year!!

lauren said...

Exciting!!

The Chick Family said...

her name is pronounced just like the color navy but we spell it "Navie". Her full first name is the same just with another "n". a long A sound, and the i has a long E sound (nAvEEn): )

Juls said...

WOW! Three is three times the fun as two! Good luck!

Liz said...

Yep, it looks like we're due just days of each other. Hope it's going well!