Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I was watching a video on a friend of mines facebook page about a father and a son doing the iron man . The son is handicapped however the father was pulling him in a raft while he swam, pushed his wheelchair while he ran , peddled a two person bike with his son on the front . The message of this video reminds me of the love that i have for each of my children and how i want to be there pushing and pulling for them and being their biggest cheerleader . My children are my life and my world without them i have nothing . It is amazing to me the deep deep love that we have for our children and to know that our heavenly fathers love is deeper and stronger for me and for all of us . He is there pushing and pulling and keeps going and going even when we don't want him to . I can remember as a young teenager really just wanting my parents to leave me alone . I'm so glad that they pushed and pulled because without them and there love i would not be where i am or who i am today . I have been struggling lately with finding joy in the journey of motherhood . At times i think am i getting through am i doing enough am i loving them enough . and then i see there sweet innocent faces smiling or laughing or being forgiving and think there is no greater love that i can have for someone then this . Some days the iron man race of life is exhausting and i feel like i can't give any more and somedays i would like to just walk out the door and quit but i can't i have to keep fighting and going and moving forward they need me and i need them . i have been super emotional lately and i don't know if it is still because I'm still somewhat post par tum or what . but i love my Emilee Matthew and Tyler . and we as team Morris will strive to finish this big race of life so we can live together forever . ( oh yeah jack is part of team Morris as well . )
sorry for two sappy posts in a row but it is my feelings .

4 comments:

Inger-Lis said...

People say some days are harder than others, I maintain that some weeks, months, and years are harder than others. You do what you can, and say the hell with the rest! :) I think you are doing a fantastic job. I don't think I could do what you are doing- staying at home with 3 young children, and I think you are pretty brave and I admire you for making that choice.

Hang in there, you are doing a great job! And just think, some day Emmy will have a daughter just like her, and then you can just sit back and watch and laugh your ass off!!

Tam said...

i like what the previous person said. i didn't know you had another one! holy moly! congrats! i hope things are going well. your post was nicely said and really insightful. thanks for sharing so thoughtfully and honestly:).
Tamara

Bob said...

Sarah,
We have all felt overwhelmed by the demands of parental responsibilities at one time or another. We have to remember that we are not here to do it alone. It is hard to remember that when we are in those moments. That is why it is good to just be still and listen when we can. We get so caught up in the daily grind that we don't stop and listen to the promptings of the Spirit for that guidance we need. You are very capable of the task before you. There will be many moments you will cherish throughout your life that will come to you through motherhood. I am proud of you and Jack and want you to know that I love you and your children. Keep your head up! Love, YUB

Angie Torres said...

I think every mom wonders if they are doing enough or feel like a half failure but just know if you are loving them and doing your best then they have exactly what they need. You are amazing!