Tuesday, November 25, 2008

christmas tree no christmas tree

OK so I have been debating this in my mind for years now . Should i get a tree or not . I despise Christmas trees , they are messy they are expensive , and it is just one more thing to fight with my children about . however my husband and other family members and friends are saying that i should get a tree for the kids . This is my thing , my kids are one and two , would they really know the difference , is it worth it . don't get me wrong i love Christmas and the whole ta do about it i just don't see the point in a tree . Let me know what you all think .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can get a tiny fake tree. I have one if you want. Before Taryn we went through a period with our cat where he was constantly knocking the tree down and breaking ornaments so we bought this like 2 ft fake tree. I used it on my desk at work last year so it is pretty small. That way you will have something for "Santa" to leave gifts under. Just my opinion.

Inger-Lis said...

So this is what I decided this year for a Christmas tree. Totally not worth getting a big tree just to fight over it with James and have the cats knock it down. I am however putting up what I like to call 'My christmas forest' Someone gave me about five tiny trees a couple of years ago. They are all under two feet tall, and none of the ornaments are breakable. I figured I would put them up and let James have fun redecorating as he saw fit. No fighting, no damage, and cute christmasness. I love simplicity;) My vote for you is a small tree.

Prouses said...

Go for a small fake one... Less hassle and cheapy ornaments from the dollar store will do too... Or make own.

Inger-Lis said...

Btw, I have tagged you for a meme. I don't exactly know what meme stands for, but check out my blog and follow the instructions. Or at least post six random facts about yourself. I want to hear some:)