Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

I know I'm a little late but i thought i would journal an experience my family had the other day to show how grateful i am and the spirit of giving during the holidays .

Jack had off on Wed so we went to walmart to look at some things for SANTA to bring the babies for Christmas and get some essentials ( IE shampoo body wash ) .

We were there for two hours and Emilee was starting to get cranky rightfully so . However she began to throw one of the biggest temper tantrums and i was just trying to hurry and finish so we could get out of there . She did something that resulted in a spanking ( yes we spank our children it is mostly used as a last resort . After she received her spank jack sat her down and explained to her what had happened and told her that he still loved her .

This lady who i have no idea who she is walked by and just looked at me and said is that your little girl crying down there , i said yes she said well her father handled that situation very well , i said oh thanks . She said if there were more men like that in this world it would be a happier place . Inside i was like thank you ( i thought i was going to get a lecture on parenting ) She then proceeded to talk to me and asked if she could personally tell Jack how she felt i said sure . She went and found him and was talking to him . And he said thank you and she said GOD BLESS and then Emi says Happy Holidays . She turned around and said Since you guys are such good parents I would like to give you something , I said um OK , she pulled out a 20 dollar bill and said here . Now this lady appeared to not have much and i could not take her money , But the spirit told me it was OK to allow her to commit this act of service . I told her no i didn't want her money and she should keep it and she looked at me and said well her it isn't for you it is for your babies . Go get them something . I took the money and started to cry . What a sweet lady . Now it isn't the money she didn't have to give us anything it was the meaning behind it . I said if there were more people like you in the world it would be a better place . Again i want to express that it was not the money , but the thought . She was so nice , she didn't leave her name or say much more and was happy . Man if i could be like her . I will never forget the short lady at walmart who was so kind .

Have a nice day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was so great. i think you are doing a great job with Emi and Matthew. Justin and I spank and explain as well. Happy Hollidays and I will see you in church on Sunday.

p.s. I updated my blog so check it out.

Inger-Lis said...

What an amazing story and what an absolutely sweet lady! I have to agree with her too, it is always nice to see a father taking the time to teach his child. I am not sure Jay realizes how much I love him when he is taking care of James and taking the time to play with him. Being a Daddy is such an important role. Kudos to Jack!

Mimi said...

Hey Sarah! This is Mimi Johnson (formerly Muldowney). I saw that you posted on my blog. Of course I remember you. It was great to hear from you, now I have a new blog to check :)