Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MY MOM AND HER WISDOM AND FINDING JOY IN THE JOURNEY


Why is it that when we are teenagers we feel like we know everything and our parents know nothing ? I don't know about you but that is how I was when i was a teenager , I knew it all and My mom knew nothing . That is one thing that makes Jenea ( Sister Fultz for four more weeks Yeah ) and I very very different . Jenea has always been the one to stay on the striaght and narrow where as I was always rocking the chair just to the edge, sometimes i woudl fall and fall hard . Any way tonight my mom and I were grocery shopping for thanksgiving and some other things . It was a huge desicion for me to make whether we were going at night after jack got home or after she was done at work . We finally decided that she would pick me up after work and we would go then with the babies .
Shopping went really well almost to well , no crying no fussing no i wants it was heaven . As we were pulling in to my aparment complex and she said see we have your shopping done and you have all night to do whatever ! I said yeah i know but i really didn't want to take the babies out and deal with them . She said sarah you have two kids and you will have to have them with you for the next 18 years at least so deal with it .


As most of you know Jack works alot of hours which leaves me with two children alot alone . My next comment was You know sometimes i like to leave Jack with the kids by himself so he can see how it is . Her next comment to me struck me hard she said You need to appreciate where you are at in life and find JOY IN THE JOURNEY .


Man my mom is sooo wise and knows what to say and when to say it . So im making it a goal to find that JOY IN THE JOURNEY , AND APPRECIATE THE TIME I HAVE WITH MY TWO LITTLE KIDS .


I am grateful for them and for all they teach me . I am also grateful for the chance that i get to have them with me all day long

What a GREAT JOY AND BLESSING

MOMMY LOVES YOU MATTHEW AND EMILEE

AND I LOVE YOU TO MOM THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO


SO EVERY ONE LETS FIND THAT JOY IN THE JOURNEY

2 comments:

Inger-Lis said...

I had to discover that same thing for myself too. Jay works really late quite a bit as well, and I find myself just counting down the hours until he gets home and wishing James would just quit fussing already. then I take a deep breath and instead of wishing I had more help, concentrate on playing with James and just having fun with him, rather than try to do all my chores around him. The time goes by much quicker and I am a lot happier and so is James.

Cyclingred said...

How fun to see someone from the past. I just came over from Inger-Lis's blog.

I think it was Mark Twain who something like, "when I was 13 I was amazed at how stupid my father was. When I was 21 I was more amazed at how much he had learned since I was 13."
Cyclingred