Monday, November 10, 2008

gratitude and a new calling

Yesterday had to be one of the busiest Sundays of my life . I was asked last week by my wonderful father to give a talk on gratitude. It was hard to find time to actually sit down without interruptions and write a talk so at 11 30 Saturday night here i was at the computer doing a talk . the topic was on gratitude and it was more difficult than i thought . but i felt i did pretty well till i listened to the other talk and then i thought man my talk was so elementary and primary like oh well .

Speaking of Primary last Sunday i was sitting in what i call the moms club ( out in the hallway with Matthew and i said oh my in Feb Matthew will be in nursery and i could enjoy rs and Sunday school for once . ) wrong wrong wrong i was stopped in the hallway and asked if i could be a primary worker . ahhhhhh . The Lord always does this to me i get a break and he throws something else for me to conquer .

I will be with the 10 and 11 year olds so it should be fun i find that i respond better to older children then younger ones . wish me luck

3 comments:

Prouses said...

HOW COOL... I was just asked to take the same calling!!!!!!!!!!! well... almost. I will have the 10 yr old girls. There are enough boys and girls to separate the class i guess. How fun. I hope we're on the same lesson... we could totally plan it together :)
Hugs.
Oh, and BTW, I have to give a talk on the 23. we must be in the same wave length.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Lance Farmer is your cousin!!!!!!!!!!!! He and I go way back. We went to high school together (he was a year ahead of me). We were in the same clique of friends. Back in my crazy days before I accepted the gospel in my life I actually kind of um, you know, with him. He had a crush on me for awhile but I liked his best friend Mike. He also tried to get one of my best friends to not get married and be with him (before he was married and stuff). I remember dirving him to the state championship basketball game during his senior year. he and his friend Mike tried to destroy my car..lol! Oh yeah, Lance and I go way back. This is a terribly small worl we live in. Is he on your mom or dad's side of the family?

Anonymous said...

Well, i met his mom and sister a couple of times. Never met his dad. i was at his apartment only 1-2 times. he mostly came to my house or we hung out at mutual friend's house. life is crazy. do you ever see him. i bet he would die if he knew we were friends.